Release NotesThis add-on gives you the ability to share forums with other message boards without having to share any database information. The plugin runs through webservices and uses XML.
Currently the installation is easy but if you want to set up and run your own network it will help if you're familiar with XML. Joining an already existing network is fairly simple.
This plugin is developed using vBulletin 3.8.X and being tested on 3.6.X and 3.8.X. If it works on both of those, I will assume it works on 3.7.X.
If you would like my help writing versions for phpBB, IPB or other message board software, please feel free to contact me.
If you are interested you can join my existing network, but please note that it is mostly a trolling-based community of boards. Feel free to start your own network with other boards.
- several plugins
- one cron job
- file uploads
- new DB tables
- several phrases
Approx 2-5 mins
Upgrading/UpdatingSee the included installation instructions.
- upload all files in the upload directory, overwriting any existing files
- re-import the XML file, setting "Overwrite" to "Yes"
SupportSee the included documentation for details.
If you encounter problems or discover any bugs, please create a new issue at: http://code.google.com/p/vbnetwork/issues/list
- 0.9.0 (2009-02-20) - initial Beta release
- 0.9.2 (2009-05-03) - added (some) logging, fixed bug for 3.8.2
- 0.9.3 (2009-05-03) - added 'Delete' to Network Management, other minor changes
- 0.9.4 (2009-05-08) - added new board and forum management functionality, and some new minor features
- 0.9.5 (2009-05-09) - adds new option to sync network users via email, and added ability to change the network name
- 1.0.0 (2010-06-02) - Version 1.0 for vBulletin 3.8.X
This is one shared forum on three different boards (the content of this forum may be NSFW).
PLEASE CLICK INSTALL!